Since seeing the recent images of wedding of Amal Alamuddin wedding to George Clooney. The inspiration of wearing lipstick has certainly come back in “vogue” again. The look is so chic and timeless and can change the way you feel and add a “red carpet ” look to something you are wearing.
I just love the simplicity of how a red lipstick can look and the images I have included below for you I think say it all!!!! This look is perfect for the autumnal season ahead to add a boost of colour to your face.
This look was created using Rimmel Kate Moss number 22 lipstick
How to achieve the look
1. Prepare the skin with Lucas Paw Paw Ointment to buff the lips and take away any dry patches
2. Use a light reflector concealer Ariane Poole Illuminator Pen around the edge of the lips to prevent the lipstick bleeding and to also to create a “pout” the lip shape
3. Apply the Rimmel lipstick using a lip brush and start in the middle part of the lips and work outwards.
4. Blot the lips with a tissue but instead of mouthing the tissue….hold the tissue all over the lips and press gently. This will create an imprint of your lips and you will then be able to see if you need to add more lip colour on areas you may have missed
5. Add another layer of lipstick if you want a stronger look
6. Prepare to smile !!!
Photography: Rebecca Elizabeth
Hair: James Reid
Model: Fran at Savalas Model Agency