One of the current looks in fashion at the moment is inspiration from 1960’s with the iconic looks from Twiggy and Jean Shrimpton.
This look was inspired by the latest campaigns from Tom Ford.
I wanted to share with you the products i used to create this look. You must excuse the working sheet and my handwriting.
To create the look the skin need to be flawless and to highlight and contour the features especially the cheekbones, nose, chin and forehead.
The focus is mainly on the eyes and the trick is to over exaggerate the eyes with black eyeshadow and eyelashes to create almost a “doe like eye effect”.
1. highlight the eye area with a white/silver eyeshadow all over the eyelid ( you could also use blue or green to create the look as well).
2. use the black eyeshadow and draw a line in a curved shape across the eyeliner/socket area slightly higher than you normally would.
3. use a black khol pencil to outline the eyeliner as a guide and then use gel eyeliner and apply with a brush to create the “cat flick” effect.
4. curl the eyelashes with eyelash curlers and apply mascara on top and bottom
5. place false eyelashes on the top and also the bottom..you can use strip or individual eyelashes to create the look.
6 keep the lipstick nude and semi matt.
Make-up supplied by Ariane Poole
Make-up supplied by Kiko
Inspiration from Tom Ford
Photographer Stan Seaton
Hairdresser Dianne Minnes Hairdresser